Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wow - so much has happened since my last post!! Where do I start??
Firstly, the PIXMA party was great fun. I did my first ever scrapbooking class with Melissa Frances (and got in trouble for not paying enough attention in class - OOOPS!) She showed us how to make these lovely little mini-album matchbooks - the last lot I finished off went AWOL after the school fete, so I don't have any pics to upload, but I will create some more and show them off. They are (a) super easy to make - yep, even I can do it and it works out fine and (b) a lovely little size perfect for birthday party photos, or holiday snaps. The whole PIXMA thing was fun, we learnt about photography and got to use the great new printers. I have a gorgeous canvas A3 photo of the boys which I will frame and give to their dad for christmas. It was a pity I didn't win the printer they were giving away on the night ... but we can't have everything! I lucked out on the trivia quiz too. The organisers were very generous, and we did all receive the entire Daisy D's Chloe Marie range of 12x12 papers, a t-shirt and a pack of t-shirt transfers to print on. Thanks heaps Danielle!!


The following week my bosses arrived from the UK - the first time in 18 months that I have even met them. We spent 2 days in Sydney delivering a training course, and another day in Melbourne. I was worried I would look foolish and show up my lack of knowledge in our work system, but that didn't seem to be the case. It was great meeting some of "my" lawyers face to face too, rather than just emailing daily! So it looks as though the job is safe for another 12 months anyway! It would be great to get some more work in Australia, but not sure how the economic climate will affect our marketing push. And of course there's that huge dose of self-confidence I need to actually make the first move ...



One week after that, the entire family headed off to Rainbow Bay for a very relaxing holiday. It rained every second day or so, which was actually quite pleasant because we sat around and did - well, not much actually.
I haven't had much time to get to scrapping since we returned - back to work has been very hectic! - but I did finish off 2 pages just before we left, and 1 since we came back.



The top LO uses a photo of Chris at Millfield, hanging upside down on the rope swing. It was printed at the PIXMA party, and I was impressed with how it looked on matt paper. I have the same paper at home, but didn't really like the result - I think I was using the wrong settings, because since the party I have started using it again, and its quite good for some photos! I adore the Love Elsie "Forrest" papers, but can never think of how to use them without the LO looking corny - so I've used a little bit here. Tried doodling on the border too, which is a bit of a first.
The second LO I adore - the photo of Chris was again printed at the PIXMA party. The PP is Basic Grey "Granola" range and the rub-ons are Daisy D's.
The final LO - 3 goofballs - is a photo of the lads on holidays. I thought it was a great photo just begging to be scrapped ... until I saw the horrid colours, especially the green wall behind them!! I decided to ignore the green wall and focus on the striped lounge, matching it to the Sassafrass Lass "Life is Beautiful" paper. Then by chance I found some old jelly tiles I hadn't used - I intended to use just the red & black tiles ... when lo & behold I realised the fourth tile was GREEN just like the horrid wall in the background of the photo! So I added all 4 of them.

The list of UFOs is getting longer I'm afraid - I have finished the cover for my CJ album, but haven't done a title page yet. It will come!! And then there's a surprise for the girls when they receive my album ... but don't tell them!!! I am covering some A4 note books for the boys' teachers as christmas presents. Trying to use up some of that hoard of paper I have sitting in my craft room!! And I have seen some mini canvasses I loved the look of - so I plan on doing some for Miss A's room, all pretty & girly with flowers & bling. Well, that's the plan anyway. Then we have monograms to do, mini-albums to complete, frames to be mounted, photos to be scrapped ... so many things to do; so little time.

Thanks to everyone who has dropped in and had a peek into my world - I love your comments!

1 comment:

Danielle Sheehan said...

YAY for PIXMA,
Hope you had fun. PS I am loving those LO's. You'll have to tell me about some tricks you learnt
Talk soon
Delxx