Friday, November 21, 2008

Perpetual Work In Progress



I'm so excited today, for a couple of reasons!!
Firstly, yesterday I got my mojo back in order and got to work decorating a metal tin which holds a perpetual calendar. Inside the tin is a 6x4" card for each month, which is the perpetual bit, and another 6x4"card for each month which I printed out on my pc with birthdays, anniversaries, school holidays etc. on it. The plan is to add little 6x4" LOs of the important bits & pieces that go on through the year (and the not-so-important but really fun bits). At the end of the year, I can take all the cards out of the tin and have a ready-made mini album with all of the year's events!! The tin & the month cards will be re-used for next year ...
So, this project I started absolutely months ago, with grand plans. Needless to say, the work slowed down after I printed to calendar cards and decorated the month dividers. But yesterday I spied the tin, and searched for some paper I thought I would still like looking at in a couple of years' time ... and this is what I came up with:

I used some older Daisy D's patterned paper, Some even older Colorbok sticky stitches trim, Daisy D's rub-ons, pink, black & white flowers, rhinestones & gem brads, and a black bookplate. I wasn't actually meaning to go with this colour scheme when I chose the paper yesterday morning, but when I added the first rub-on to the front of the tin ... WOW! I was hooked on pink, black & white. Not surprising actually - I love the Kaiser PP in this colour scheme as well, but haven't used it on any projects yet.

This is one of those projects which has actually exceeded my expectations, and I am really pleased with how it has turned out! It isn't completed yet - I still have to finish decorating the back of the tin, and figure out what to put on the top of the tin as well. But at least it should be reasonably finished in time for the new year.

The lovely Danielle {mwah!} has asked for some tips from the PIXMA party, and I have photos printed ready to make up one of the matchbook albums this afternoon, whilst Miss A is sleeping and the cricket is on.
AND the postie lady has just delivered to me a box from Allcraftz which I am pretty sure has my new Making Memories trimmer inside!! So, its time to dash away from the pc, open my box and start playing.
Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend - any of you in Queensland take care, and I hope you don't suffer any storm damage. Happy scrapping. God Bless the firies.

No comments: