Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tiggerrriffic!

This layout was completed over the weekend - a gorgeous photo of Miss A in a tigger suit (just like her 2 older brothers!). Doesn't it show off her big blue eyes! Working with orange was not easy, but searching through my stash I found this PP with flowers and went with a matching blue background, and added more paper flowers with (of course) some bling! And for the first time I tried the print & cut method of journalling - I'm happy with the results.


The second project is an OTP I have had for quite a while, but hadn't finished until this last weekend also. Designed by Erica Glover for Scrapboxx it is a little bit of pretty that makes me smile when I see it. It sits in my craft room at the moment. To me, the US is not just DH and myself, but the kids as well. Life wouldn't be the same without each & every one of them.

The hectic-ness continues ... last Monday my tennis team played finals. After a dismal start, we got to the final set 4 games down, needing to win 7-1 to go through to the grand finals. Only slightly wavering in our belief that we could do it, Caroline & myself hung on grimly (with huge support from Christine & Alison cheering us on from the sidelines at 11.30pm!) to pull off the near-impossible. We won the final set 7-1 and go through to next week. During the last game I was absolutely exhausted and felt light-headed; my partner says she felt so nervous she was praying for the ball not to come anywhere near her. We were elated with the win, and commiserations to our opposition - the tennis all night was a great standard with plenty of long rallies. The match was played in an excellent spirit. It's the reason why we head out every week to play - getting together with a nice bunch of ladies for some good tennis. Thanks girls for making it so enjoyable - now its on to next week and the grand finals.
Thanks for visiting - God bless the firies.

No comments: