Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Matchbook Album - as taught at PIXMA party by Melissa Frances

Well, here it is as requested by Danielle - the matchbook album taught by Melissa Frances at the PIXMA party.

The first photo shows the cover of the album. This album is for Miss A's second birthday. It is SOO EASY to make - you need one 12x12 sheet of cardstock weight paper - you can use patterned paper or plain to suit your theme. The inside of the album holds 5 wallet sized photos, and I have added another to the cover.


You can decorate the album with stamps (as taught by Melissa Frances or rub-ons as I have used here. You can add journalling to the album, or just use photos as I have done.


On the inside of the back cover, there is a spot for a journalling block. If you use double-sided paper or cardstock, you can add more photos to the back of the concertina pages, which would give room for 9 photos in total, plus the journalling block and the cover space. There's more room on the back cover too!

I used the new Bo Bunny range of PP, and added rub-ons, black ink for the edges of the paper & the photos, and flowers for the front cover.
The album is so quick & simple to make - you can leave it plain or decorate it heavily - the spine of the back cover allows room for the inside to hold lots of embellishments if that's your style. They are easily adapted to any theme - I'm thinking of making several to send to family in place of the traditional christmas cards!

PS - the MM trimmer works really well. I think I've used up my stash of pink & white flowers though, so I may just have to go shopping again to re-stock.

PPS - it's nearing the end of Movember: have you noticed men walking around with strange moustaches lately?? Its all for a great cause - the money raised through your donations goes towards research for men's health issues, focussing on cancer and depression presently. If you know any man who is taking part in Movember, give a donation please. Having been touched by both cancer & depression in my family, any advances in detection, diagnosis & treatment has got to be a fabulous outcome.
God bless my fireman - love you babe.

No comments: