Saturday, November 29, 2008

Something Old ...


A little something old for today's post - a photo frame I made a little while ago. This was my first (and only, to date) attempt at using Tim Holtz's distress paint. I used a chipboard frame, painted it with Tim Holtz paint, rubbed ink into the cracks to accentuate them and along the edges of the frame. Then I added rub-ons, the flowers & brad which had also had their edges inked, the little clock face and the metal plate and key chain. The "precious" plate was actually attached to the chain originally, but I couldn't get it to sit right across the bottom of the frame. So I detached the precious plate and added it with brads to the frame, then used the chain to attach a key charm to the side of the frame. When the whole thing was finished, I attached a piece of thick cardboard to the back of the frame with foam tape, so there is a gap to insert a photo (except for the bottom ... otherwise the photo would fall out!).
It's not a colour scheme I would usually choose, but I am really pleased with the results.
I went shopping yesterday at Fantasia which was having a sale. It was lovely to see everything in real life before purchasing it - except that the card took a hammering I'm afraid. We picked up some lovely stamps and mini album kit for Scott's sister, Joy, as a birthday/christmas present. I hope it suits her tastes! So now I have a bag full of new goodies to sort through and store in my scrap room before my next project today.
I can't decide whether to start on the christmas cards, finish a layout of Chris's touch football or start on something completely different with my new goodies! We'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings ...
Its raining outside - wonderful for the gardens. The kids are ready to spend the day doing diddly squat (which is what weekends are for, right??)
Take care, stay safe and God bless you all.

1 comment:

Danielle Sheehan said...

Hello miss lovely,
Theres a little award over at my blog for you :-)