Thursday, January 03, 2008

Hey ... Long Time, No See!

You bet it is!! 2 years in fact. And in that time, I have a beautiful baby daughter (now 14 months old), a new job ... and the mini album about France still hasn't been completed :-(

I have wavered between lots of scrapbooking, and absolutely no scrapbooking for months on end. I have *tried* to organise the scrap room, only to find that somehow (sigh) it only ends up messy again and I'm sure I haven't used it in the meantime.

Funny how we find inspiration in the oddest places though. I was looking through an old book, ready to start making a list of projects completed in 2008, when I discovered an entry I had written to my eldest son in January 2006. It reads:

"...there are so many things I want you to experience in your life.
I want you to believe in yourself, believe in your dreams.
I love you more than words can say.
I want to wrap you up in my arms and protect you from the hurt and the pain the world brings; and yet I want you to set sail, to reach for your horizons and achieve your goals.
How do I do this? I do not know.
I want you to know that you are loved, without smothering you.
I want you to reach your potential, without pushing you.
You try so hard, and all you see are the little failures.
They are not failures - they are part of the learning process.
Without them, we would be stagnant; never knowing our true potential;
never knowing the boundaries which we can reach and then exceed.
Tonight we spoke about always being together.
You said that even though I may be downstairs, I am upstairs with you as well;
you wondered how that could be.
I explained that I am always in your heart, and you in mine;
that is why we will always be together.
I hope I can find a way to show you just how special you are, so that you do believe in yourself.
I will always believe in you, and in your ability to make dreams come true.
I will always love you."

Amazingly, these words are even more true (if possible) today than they were when I wrote them. I was surprised at how eloquently they read! And I have made a very special layout just for him, with this piece as hidden journalling. That is just one way I can show him how very special he is.

As New year's inspiration, I completed a BTP PEACE album, from the ShopandCrop kit.

Instead of using christmas papers, I used the Cherish range from Scrapbooking Australia - my favourite colours if sapphire, amethyst, ruby - paint, rub-ons, flowers, ribbons, jewels and added some inspirational sayings in silver card to each letter. Hopefully this will help me find some inner peace during the difficult times, and I can be proud of my creativity as well!!

Happy New year to all - may your dreams come true, and your dragons be few.

Visit Shop and Crop Scrapbooking

1 comment:

Melanie H said...

Your peace mini book is wonderful. I love those papers too.

Your journalling is beautiful, so true and straigh from the heart.