Friday, January 18, 2008

Thank Goodness Its Friday

It's been one of THOSE weeks, when DH and I seem to pass like ships in the night ... and working in town today means I don't get to see him until this evening (kind of like a "normal" couple I guess!). The positive is I get to work uninterrupted by children (well meaning though they are, I can't concentrate on legal stuff whilst mediating arguments over Tigger's Honey Hunt); the negative is a day by myself sitting in an office, and missing out on laughs, cuddles, smiles and bright blue eyes.
The rain has settled in for the weekend apparently - it is rather calming sitting here on the 10th floor watching the rain tumble down and thinking how it will make everything lush and green again. The absolute best place to be when it is raining in my opinion is in bed, snuggled up under the blankets listening to the rain beat down on the balcony roof. Bliss!!
I have been playing around with Photoshop, altering photos with some brushes. The plan is to make an album for Miss A using all altered photos. I think it will be best if they are all black and white, to take away any distracting colours and give it a uniform look. Now I just have to work out how to best present them ... pink seems so "typical" for baby girls, maybe I will add some pale green and some red roses, as well as ribbons and bling of course.


This is our gorgeous poppet just moments after she was born. I know, only a parent could think she was gorgeous with her face all screwed up ... And this weekend for the very first time, we are having a night without her! My mum has arranged a motel in the city overlooking Darling Harbour, and offered to look after Miss A as well. Fingers crossed that both of them are happy to see each other on Sunday morning.

Oh, and if he asks, don't let on that the smiles, and laughs, and cuddles, and bright blue eyes that I miss don't necessarily belong to DH. Funnily enough, I miss the kids when I am not with them too - Tigger's Honey Hunt just isn't the same without them.

No comments: