Monday, February 27, 2006

Still Progressing ...

This page shows the view towards Notre Dame cathedral along the Seine. Did you notice the bird flying down the river?? Hence the heart with wings. There are a myriad of artists along the banks of the Seine, each painting the sites in their own style, just as we tourists each take our own photos of those same sites. And no wonder - Notre Dame was just splendid. And I didn't even get to look inside!! Just the outside was enough for me this day: we walked up the stairs to the top balcony, where the view were ... well, wait for the next couple of pages of the album and you will see what I mean. {sigh}
This page uses PP from an unknown source which blends some rose tones; this continues with the rose chalk outlining the photo and the stamped wings & heart (MM ornaments magnetic stamps in Hero Arts antique brown); this page has the back of the wlnut-inked satin ribbon from the previous page "joined" by an LJ epoxy button.
And for the best news of the weekend: a new multi-function scanner/printer/copier. YEEHAH! I chose the Canon PIXMA MP450 - and so far I am very pleased with the results. Yet to come are some photos printed on it, and maybe a preview of the new digital camera I bought as well (OOOPS - the shopping was furious on the weekend.) Neither of these are top-of-the-line, but should be more than sufficient to capture the memories of my beautiful family & friends.
Enjoy your week, whatever you do.

1 comment:

Melissa Antolovic said...

Hi Just wanted to say how much I like your mini album of France.
Great work!