Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Work In Progress ...



I have joined a wonderful group of people at Blue Bazaar (www.bluebazaar.com.au) with a view to enjoying our common interest of scrapbooking. Creating art, preserving memories, forging friendships.
So I found these old photos of my trip to Europe in 1988/89, and was going to do just a one-page layout. But there were too many photos for just one page, or two, or even 4 pages. So I decided to make a mini-book instead. And I would love to share the process with you!

First: some of the photos.

Next: some cardstock. I don't have Kraft, so I chose what I think is the nearest thing in my stash - Desert Tan.

And: patterned paper. I have gone through my stash and chosen a few from DaisyD's and 7G - hopefully they will match the sepia tones and European feel that I hope the mini-book will have. I am not one of those who can pull together lots of pp from different manufacturers and combine them with ease - it takes hard work and a LOT of mistakes before I can match pp not from the same lot. Fingers crossed these will work together.

Then: embellishments. Yum!!!! Anything from 7G. I will go through my stash and see what I have that will fit with the theme. I was planning whilst I had a facial today (clearly the best way for me to plan an LO :-D ) how to attach the pages to form a book - a pretty nifty way, but you will have to wait and see of it works.
So, day one of the project. I will keep you posted on progress.

No comments: