Friday, January 02, 2009

Still Catching Up from Last Year!

I still have LOs left to post from last year - eeekk!! Can't start with this year's batch (not that I have actually finished any off so far this year ...) until I have closed off 2008. This is another FK entry - Anthony after bath time. He is so loud & precocious, yet every now & then I take a photo of him which captures the little boy inside - a little shy and unsure of himself. And those photos take my breath away. This is one of them. I experimented with stamping the background cardstock, and swirls and circles of water.


Some time in the middle of the year, Miss A started playing tea sets with Nan. Not just any old pretend tea sets, mind you - she had her own little china cup and sat up at the table to drink tea while Nan had coffee. Then they progressed to cake. She is lovely to watch, but quite often I get shooed away, because there's only room for two at this tea party! For her birthday, Miss A received a second tea set which lives in the big house (not at Nan's place) so now I get invited for tea ecvery now and again, and she knows that I have milk with mine as well!


Also in the middle of the year one day on the train coming home from the city I mused over the fact that Mr C was half way to becoming an adult - a scary thought!! He is a little lost at times, trying to keep up with what he thinks everyone else wants him to be and do and say. But he is so special, such a caring boy - I don't think he realises that all he has to do is to be himself. I so wish he can become comfortable within his skin, and reach his potential; have goals that he can fulfill. Find his place within the world. And enjoy the journey to adulthood.

And finally, my favourite piece so far. I just adore this photo. I don't know who took it, but its at that precise moment when Mr C handed DH my wedding band. Just perfect. It was so important to me that both the boys took part in the ceremony - and we weren't just getting married, we were becoming a new family. In a way, this photo is a giving of my heart from Mr C to DH, so they can all share in my love and care. I like the way the LO turned out too!

I tried the Wii fit for the first time last night - surprise, surprise my BMI is in the overweight category, but with my goal of 10 kilos to lose, that places me comfortably in the "ideal" range. Now I just have to get there!!!

2 comments:

Danielle Sheehan said...

Awww, honey, your LO's are beautiful!! I love them all. I love how you capture little memories of the kids growing up, its sweet to read, Thanks for sharing.

PS. Can you ask Miss A if I can come for tea one day and then play on your Wii?? :-P

BruganCampbell said...

Yes, wonderful work as usual.

Happy New Year to you and all your family.

Happy scrapping!