Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It Wouldn't Be The New Year Without A Resolution Or Two ...

Well, here we are - New Year's Eve again. 2008 has flown past. Its had its great moments, and of course its not so great ones. But all in all, I am blessed to have such a happy, healthy family; a great job and really no worries or concerns. But it wouldn't be NYE without a resolution or two, would it?? So here are my resolutions for 2009:-
1. Lose 10 kilos - I know, just about every woman I know has this one on her list ... but I am heavier now than I have ever been save for the final stages of pregnancy, and I'm not happy about it. I don't expect to look like a 20-year old again, but 10 kilos is a reasonable amount and I think I will benefit physically and mentally from losing it.
2. Finish 50 LOs and 50 cards - that's not quite one a week, so I should be able to get that one done. I also need to put them into albums and send the cards out to people!!
3. Work 20 hours per week - I was fortunate enough to earn a pay rise starting in January, and because I don't need the extra money (read: it will only get spent on scrapbooking supplies, and I don't have enough room for more!) I could actually use the extra hours instead. So rather than work 24 hours a week, I plan to work 20 hours a week which should be more comfortable to fit in around DH and the kids, and leave me more time for scrapping, sewing, reading (I haven't picked up a book in what seems like years) and playing with the kids. I've been tidying Mr 6's bedroom and he has all this new Lego in boxes waiting to be opened ... and I'm kind of itching for him to get back this Sunday so we can open it up box by box and put it together. Just playing, just for fun.

I hope everyone who drops by has a fabulous New Year, and a safe & prosperous 2009.

No comments: