Monday, January 26, 2009

What have I been up to??

Well, what have I been up to lately? The other day I found my pizza box full of layouts with no "home" to speak of, so I sorted them and they have gone into the kids' albums or the annual albums. And guess what? I missed 2006 entirely!! No layouts, no album ... must have kind of passed me by. So I have started making up for it, and I have some more layouts to share with you.

This first layout is of Mr C on his 7th birthday (the frightening thing is, his 10th birthday is coming up next week - how time flies!) He got this cool LOTR outfit, and it was the first time he wore a neck chain - I think it suits him, and have encouraged him to wear one more often, but it annoys him when he is playing sports or jumping on the trampoline. I used the Basic Grey "Boxer" range, added rhinestones on the photo matt, and an MME rub-on which teamed with the Boxer letters for the title.

This second layout is Mr A up to his cheeks in pink icing from a cupcake at the local school fete. From memory, I'm not even sure he ate the cake, just kind of smeared the icing around till it covered his face! I spied this little chipboard cupcake in my stash from the latest Boxx kit, and of course it was just perfect for this layout. Had fun painting it then sprinkling glitter over it too. The papers are from Basic Grey's "Cupcake" range, and the letters for the title are Pink Paislee. I also managed to use an old K&Co frame I found in my stash.

The final 2006 layout for now is The Wombat Hat - in Mr C's final year of junior soccer, the coach had this fabulous hat with a stuffed toy wombat on it, which the player of the match got to keep and wear for the week until the next match. You wouldn't think 7-8 year olds would fall for this stuffed toy animal, would you? But they did - in a big way! This match, Mr C scored his first (and I think only) goal of his career - I can still remember how it happened too!! He took the shot and kind of mis-hit it so it really just dribbled up to the goalie, and the goalie missed it completely and the ball then dribbled into the goals. Maybe not stupendous, but well worth the wombat hat and the cheesecake he chose afterwards. Now he tells me he doesn't like cheesecake - go figure ... I used Bais Grey's Granola range for this one.

The final layout is an newer photo - from 2008. Mr C just smiling and being happy. I tried something a little different with the PP and the ribbon & buttons, the silhouetted photo and the border. I also used Tim Holtz's distress powder for the first time - not sure if it turned out how its supposed to (it didn't 'bubble' up the way embossing powder does to coat the inked image) but it looks ok, so I'm happy with it!


Thanks for dropping by to check out my latest.
PS - Katie had a beautiful baby girl at 1.35am the following day - and get this, I woke up hearing a baby's cry (no, not my Miss A), looked at the clock and it was 1.37am. I don't know whether its Dad's way of letting me know she was ok, but it worked. Little Estelle Marie is actually not so little - 4.2 kgs, and Kate is quite a small lass. They are back at home now, and Kate says she is gorgeous and sleeping well. Hope to see some pictures soon! And we may get to pop up for a visit as well.

2 comments:

Mrs. L said...

Magnifique scrapbook work ! Your children are beau !

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I love your scrapbook pages! I'm totally into scrapbooking, but find it very hard to do with five kids!

I have some posted on my blog, too if you want to check it out!

Blessings,
Stacie