Sunday, January 18, 2009

Oh the anticipation ...

My niece is in labour, and has been since about 6.00am this morning with her first child. She is barely more than a child herself to us, but we are so excited about this latest addition to our family!! We heard late this afternoon that there was some meconium in her waters, so as a precaution she was being transferred to a larger hospital, but the bub was not in any distress. We have our fingers and toes crossed for you Katie!!

But in the meantime, I will share some more layouts I have completed over the past few days.

These are my 2 boys mucking around on the rope swing at Millfield last October. A different type of layout for me - I tried a few different techniques like sewing and distressing, not to mention persevering with the felt border to actually get it (almost) straight! I used the Love Elsie Forrest range - love the little word tiles which came together beautifully with the words & colours of the photos. They do look like they are having a ball, don't they??


This little beauty is Miss A on her 2nd birthday, doing a spot of gardening. The light at sunset was just gorgeous, she in her jewelled crown and all! I couldn't resist scrapping this photo. The border scrolls are hand-cut (about the closest I will ever get to fussy cutting!!) and I love the bling. I tried something different with the large flower as well, putting rhinestones on the petals of the largest flower - a girl can never have too much bling, right??

And finally "what a mess!" Miss A got into some nappy cream probably 12 months ago now - one of those priceless photos which no doubt will surface on her 21st birthday - I wasn't really happy with how this turned out because I couldn't get the paint to splotch the right way. I loaded up the paintbrush and jerked it at the cardstock, but the paint wouldn't budge. Stayed on the brush. Wouldn't splodge the way I wanted it to whatsoever! So I ended up dabbing the brush all over the cardstock - and its just not the same to me. But given my usual layouts, this is a step outside the square for me!

Hopefully I can bring some news of the latest member of the family tomorrow! TFL.

2 comments:

Miriam's Blog said...

How exciting a new bub, best wishes to your niece that it all goes safe and quick. You LO are gorgeous by the way!

Miriam's Blog said...

Good luck to your niece for a safe delivery. Your LO are gorgeous by the way!