Tuesday, October 07, 2008

More Gorgeousness

Hi all!!
Today has been a great day - the family went to see Wall-E at the cinema. Miss A didn't sit still the whole time, but (thankfully) didn't annoy the other moviegoers. She missed out on her afternoon nap though, and is coming down with a cold - fingers crossed she has a decent night's sleep tonight!
Some more of my layouts from last week:-
These are some pics of Miss A helping herself to chocolate bars from the pantry. I don't "do" bright layouts, but matching colours to these photos was proving to be a nightmare, until I hit on the pink and lime green. The embellishments are Love Elsie - they really are gorgeous, just not my usual colours!


And this is my favourite layout of this bunch - Miss A and her dad taking a walk together. I love the photo, but I also love the way the layout turned out. I have so many stamps but rarely use them - this layout I used Basic Grey stamps as the background on a muted MME paper, flourishes all around the border; then a larger butterfly stamp as an accent. I wanted to continue the line of the fence in the photo, and initially thought of stitching but decided on flowers which I think also turned out ok. The 2 acrylic butterflies I received in the last WOM swap, handmade and embossed, then I added pearls to the bodies.
We are headed off to the zoo tomorrow, so its almost certainly going to rain!!

1 comment:

Sandra Allan said...

happy anniversary!!! :D