Sunday, March 29, 2009

One Hand One Heart


As a youngster, my parents really enjoyed musical theatre. One of the local churches ran a musical society and we regularly attended all of the popular musicals of the 70s. As well, my dad had a reel-to-reel stereo and I vividly recall many soundtracks being repeatedly played. As part of growing older and more than a little nostalgic, I recently went out and bought some of these old soundtracks. One was West Side Story. When my dad died, I remember my mum spoke to me about his funeral and how if she had been brave enough she would have asked for "Somewhere" to be played, a reflection of her hope that someday, somewhere she will meet up with him again and rekindle their love. That's one reason this soundtrack has special meaning for me.
When I listened to it again recently after many many years, the song "One Hand One Heart" struck another chord with me, and how it encompasses all the wishes all couples have on their wedding day - one life together till death do us part. Thus came the inspiration for this layout. Here's hoping the parting stuff doesn't happen for a very long time ...
I have used LYB's Love Letters range of papers, cardstock and border stickers, and added Prima stamp, Bella journalling block negative, rub-ons from Basic Grey and 7 Gypsies, flowers from Imaginisce and Green Tara, Heidi Swapp chipboard clock, a pearl brad and Dymo labeller. TFL.

1 comment:

BruganCampbell said...

The LO is absolutely lovely! Thanks for inspiring me as well!