Monday, March 16, 2009

Cool Canvas ..

Things have been a bit quiet on the scrapping front this past week - although I'm trying to set aside time on the weekend to get some scrapping done, sometimes it just doesn't happen! So last weekend, Megan from Allcraftz set a few challenge ideas for those of us lacking inspiration. One of her suggestions was an OTP project using paint, crackle or other medium.
I have 4 little 6x6 canvases waiting patiently for me to do something with them - I'm pretty sure I've had them for 12 months?? So thius challenge was the impetus I needed to get them out and start scrapping some OTP gorgeousness. And here's what I created:

I painted each of the 4 canvases in a different pastel colour - the first pink & green match the colours of Miss A's bedroom. The purple is my favourite colour, and the blue I thought would match the others for a fresh look. Then I found and printed onto canvas paper some Flower Fairies pictures (these are copyrighted to the Estate of Cecily Mary Baker) for added texture. I mounted the canvas prints onto Bazzil, inked the edges of the Bazzil and added a Prima silk flower and some Kaiser pearls in matching colours. They are very simple design, and easy to complete - best of all Miss A loves her pretty fairies!!
Thanks Megan for the challenge - just what I needed this past weekend.

No comments: